The lazy days of summer are here now that Memorial Day has signaled the start of the season. This means you have months to plan exciting getaways and trips out of the country until Labor Day. Whether a water park, spa excursion or a camping trip is your forte, there are necessary steps to take in planning the perfect summer vacation.
Think about the following:
• Plan ahead: There are plenty of online travel deals to be found, but the earlier you search, the cheaper your trip will cost.
• Book seasonally: For example, booking a trip to Disney may offer you lower rates because it’s their busiest season, but consider the crowds you’re sure to face.
• Get “off-hours” flights. If you wake up at 5 a.m. instead of arriving at the airport at noon, you’re sure to get lower airfares and have less wait time in security.
• Consider taking a road trip with friends. Gas prices are skyrocketing and we all feel the burden, so why not rent an RV with friends and chip in on gas charges?
• Check out local attractions. Live near Busch Gardens? Spend a day at the park and book a quaint bed and breakfast nearby for the night. It’ll feel like you went far away.
• Check out airport restrictions. We cannot stress how much time you’ll save in security if you know what you can and cannot bring with you into the cabin.
• Check out last-minute online travel deals. For example, lots of cruise lines offer last-minute-rates for ships about to set sail. You may find yourself hopping on a ship tomorrow for half the original expense!
Book a Trip Online:
If you’re seeking a three-week-long escape to the Greek isles or you just want to go mountain climbing in the Rockies, a must-do is to check out online travel agencies. Some sites offer the best discount travel online and 6StarReviews.com cites Orbitz as a great place to start. Among their features are low-fare promises, constant updates and 24/7 customer support. Summertime equates to a good time and if you plan early and efficiently, you’re sure to enjoy the season.
Article by: Kelly Liyakasa is a staff writer for 6StarReviews.com. Kelly Staller is site manager at 6StarReviews.com, a site dedicated to giving YOU, the consumer, the best product and service reviews around. If you like saving time and money by having someone else review leading sites and products, then Visit our site at 6StarReviews.com.