There’s a saying that goes like this: “When Momma Ain’t Happy – Ain’t Nobody Happy”
I’m pretty sure that there is a lot of truth to that. Mom’s mood is like a thermostat for the entire family. If she’s down, everyone feels it – even on the short term.
What a family goes through when mom is feeling more than a passing bad mood has an impact on every area of life. Kids struggle emotionally. Hubby feels added stress. And mom, well she just feels worse knowing that her depression is causing her loved ones to hurt.
It’s important for moms to not ignore signs of depression and that they reach out to others for support and help.
Personal Stories of Moms who have Stuggled with Depression
- Being Real about Depression – Anonymous
Depression Articles & Resources
- Depression Hurts
- Is It Just the Blues or Depression?
- The Effects of Postpartum Depression
- What you need to know about Depression
- 19 Facts about Depression at Mid-Life
- Depression – Is it the way you are thinking?
- Depression – The Effect of Twisted Thinking
- Depression and Divorce: The New Person in Your Life
- Depression Can Turn into Joy
- Depression Hurts! I Know Because I’ve Been There
- Tips for Combating Depression and Anxiety
- Treatment Plans And Interventions For Depression And Anxiety
If you are having thoughts of harming yourself or anyone else, help is available.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Kristin Brooks Hope Center